Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mini Vacation in Ruidoso

We took a long weekend trip to Ruidoso, NM.  I wanted to share some photos with you. 

This was our cute cabin.

IMG_2543

It sat next to this cuter cabin.

IMG_2528

IMG_2542

There were bears behind the cabin.

IMG_2601

This guy was my favorite bear.

IMG_2546

IMG_2537

The first day we went to a beautiful lake called Grindstone.

IMG_2636

My husband and son enjoyed some fishing.

IMG_2678

 IMG_2686

IMG_2768 

IMG_2660

IMG_2732 

While I enjoyed hiking and taking photos of wild flowers.

IMG_2620 IMG_2622 IMG_2629 IMG_2691-1 IMG_2702 IMG_2703 IMG_2707 IMG_2712

IMG_2971

Until in between my toes started hurting and I stepped and almost fell into mud.  Flips flops aren’t good hiking shoes just so you know.

IMG_2723

We also went to Lincoln, NM.  Billy the Kid made the place famous.  I begged my husband to take me even though he didn’t want to go.   He said it wouldn’t be worth it.  He was right.  They were having a big celebration all weekend and all of the museums were closed Friday late afternoon.  I still don’t understand why.  Here are a few shots from the Old West Town.

IMG_2873

This is the Dolan House. 

IMG_2876  IMG_2896 IMG_2895

Even though Billy the Kid is dangerous I let David hang out with him for a bit.

IMG_2898 

IMG_2901

Notice the closed sign.  We found this on all of the buildings.  Grrr.

IMG_2902

We also visited the Inn of the Mountain Gods.

IMG_2834

IMG_2835

IMG_2831 We were going to rent a paddle boat, but they wouldn’t rent them because of possible stormy weather.

IMG_2832The lake at the Inn.   IMG_2855

IMG_2842

The last full day we tried to find new lakes to visit.  They were over crowded and required permits so we went back to Grindstone, but took the dog this time. 

IMG_2955

Because it was Saturday this lake was also a bit crowded and my husband didn’t like his fishing spot so my he and son hiked over in the sprinkling rain to a “good” spot.

IMG_2964

The blind dog couldn’t walk on the rocky ledge so the dog and I stayed in the original spot until the sprinkles became a down pour. I looked like a mad woman trying to hike with my blind dog (who hates to get wet in the rain) back to the truck while carrying heavy stuff such as my camera bag and lenses.  It was muddy and slippery and miserable.  It made me look at my husband like this.

IMG_2940

He did feel bad.  Ruidoso is a nice place but it is too commercialized for us.  I think we prefer the small town of Red River, NM.  It was good to get away and I had a ton of naps and rested.  Now back to reality.  School starts in 2 weeks.  Yuck.

signature2

Outdoor Wednesday logo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails