Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blue Chair

Thanks to all of you blue and non-blue lovers out there for telling me to use it.  My first project was a little chair that sits next to the bed in the guest room.  It is opposite the fan that inspired the blue.

IMG_2807

I bought a few bottles of blue paint that had the tint I was going for and added a little black to darken it up a bit.

IMG_2934

My chair started out looking like this.

IMG_2812 copy

IMG_2904 copy

IMG_2905 copy

I don’t know what I was thinking when I stamped the top of the chair or glued the ribbon to the edges.  I had to remove the hot glue with a razor blade.

IMG_2906 copy

I haphazardly slapped some paint onto the chair and then sanded it a bit.  I put it back in the room and was thrilled it matched the fan so well.  Smile

IMG_2915

I am going to look for fabric today to make one big pillow where there are 2 small square pillows on the bed.  I have to take my son fabric shopping.  He disliked his choir class so much he joined home economics.  He has to sew a snuggie.  I giggle every time I think about it.

Here is a close up of the chair.  When I got it long ago it was missing a seat so my husband just cut a piece of plywood and made a seat for it.

IMG_2911

IMG_2921

IMG_2923

IMG_2931

2011_01_08

What do you think?  Do you like the new touches of blue? 

Tracy

 

Linking to

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Make it for Monday @ Cottage Instincts

Furniture Feature Friday @ Mustard Seed Creations

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails