Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winner, Thank You, An Idea and Photo Linky Party Announcement

First of all let’s find out who was the winner of the fabulous smelling lotion called Carried Away.

The lucky winner was #30, Rachel @ A Pearl Called Life.

image

Congratulations.  Contact me with your address and I will get it sent to you.  You are going to LOVE it!  It is my all time favorite.  I put it on and just smell and smell myself. 

Next on the agenda is a thank you to everyone who helped Karen out with ideas for her bedroom redo.  It was so much fun to read.  I have to tell ya that I looked at the room and just went blank.  I have to think on things and I knew she wanted answers quickly so it was fun to see all the different ideas people came up with.  It got me to thinking it might be fun to do a What Would You Do Wednesday.  I post some photos for someone that either doesn’t have a blog or enough readers to get lots of  help and you comment ideas for them. It’s just a thought, but it sounds like so much fun to me.  I was given a photo today by a reader and I used photoshop to help her with her wall problem.  It is a stand alone wall and you see it when you walk into the front door.  I got lucky and an idea popped in my head immediately.  My head said sunburst mirror! I sent the photos to see what she thought, but I haven’t heard back from her yet.  I thought it would be fun to share them with you.

Before

DSC05574

After with one photoshop mirror.

SONY DSC

And with 3 small ones.

SONY DSC

Pretty cool huh? 

So if you want to tell me your thoughts about What Would You Do Wednesdays and if you would participate on this idea I would appreciate it.

Finally it’s time to talk about the next photo linky party.  The parties will be every 2 weeks on a Tuesday, but the link will always go up on Monday at pm and end Wed at 6pm.  This will be a trial and error thing to see what works best.  I like the idea that I pick and then you vote, but it would drag it out for days.  I would have to pick and post.  You would have to vote and then I would post about the winners.  I understand the time it would take to visit every link to vote.  It’s a busy world and we are limited on time, however, I use large thumbnails for the links and I was thinking you should link up  and use your best shot for the thumbnail and then voters can just visit the few that catch their eye from the thumbnail and vote for your favorite.  The sooner you link the more likely you are to get votes.  I do need to know if you want to limit voting to those that link or anyone can vote except anonymous voters. 

I have a list from the poll for the party themes that I will share and post on the sidebar tomorrow.  The first one will be black and white.  I am going to do a little research and get a post up with some tips tomorrow. 

Thanks for supporting my blog with ideas and comments.  I really have enjoyed it all.  I love helping others and this is right up my alley! 

Here’s button for the next party.  More on that tomorrow.

blackandwhitebutton

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails