Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vintage Soda Crates

Craigslist has been my friend this week.  Today I spotted an ad for 4 soda crates for $20.  I jumped on it because my son and I are thinking of redoing his room and he likes Coca Cola stuff and we both like vintage.  The crates are really cool, but they were soooo gross.  There was sludge, hair, insect eggs, spiders, webs, etc.  I took the to the alley and hosed them down.  I sprayed them with Lysol and I think I am going to hose them down one more time for good measure. 

I hope I can get past the grossness because I like them.

IMG_0566 copy

IMG_0564 copy

The bottom one that is fades is a Dr Pepper crate.  It shows up better when wet.  I might add some wax to it to bring out the detail.

IMG_0567 copy

I also got another good deal on craigslist on Friday.  I have been wanting a Canon 50D and it has been replaced by the 60D.  I am learning the ins and outs of it, but it is pretty similar to the T1i once I got the hang of the control buttons.  I like the big wheel on the back.  After I got the hang of it, I found it is fast and easy to use.  It also has a white balance function labeled K that I really like because it is easy to adjust.

canonback

Mine came with the 28-135 lens.  It is a great general lens.

canon50d

Speaking of adjusting I found a great free action for Photoshop Elements from Everyday Elements called In A Hurry.  It quickly makes your photo look better and takes seconds to use.  You can find it here.  I used it on my crate photos and it made them pop.  There are other actions too.  I just tried the Color Correct one and it is a works wonders on a photo with a funky tint because of lighting. 

Thanks for stopping by to look at my crates and I hope you give those actions a try.  You will love them.

sig

Linking to

Creative Bloggers’ Party @ On Sutton Place

Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails